June 5, 2017

Quiero a Jessica

Dear friends and family,

Thanks for your support! I love you so! The Idaho Falls Temple was dedicated yesterday, and I'm so happy about that! I am very excited to see it when I get home.

This week I learned a lot. I've really been pondering the idea of being a consecrated missionary. What does that mean? Is it more about obedience, or is it more about sacrifice? What's the difference? What I've come to realize is that a consecrated missionary can't see herself. She sees only the people she serves. As I've worked to consecrate my service to the Lord by serving others with all my heart, might, mind, and strength, I've been happy, and I've changed a lot. I'm not the same person I was when I reported to the MTC. I've grown and my heart has been changed. And I love it! I love being a missionary!

This week we took Jessica to the temple visitor's center. Folks: You don't have to teach families and temples when you go to the visitor's center! This is huge. We focused instead on Jessica's testimony, especially receiving her answer. When we were driving away, I asked her what she had learned, and she said that she had learned that her answer will come though the Holy Ghost. I am so happy she finally figured that out! Baptism, here we come! 

Knock out on fast sunday in California is hard. I had to drink some water. But God saw our sacrifice and blessed us with a miracle. We found Cynthia. She is 18 and about to graduate high school PLUS she speaks Spanish. Its a YSA miracle! (I'm in YSA if I haven't said that yet). She set a baptism date in the same visit we knocked on her door. We had to go, so I literally handed her a calendar with a 4 in the top left and a 15 in the bottom right. It has nothing else on it, but it's a baptism calendar of sorts:) 

Love you! Thanks for everything! Take care of yourself! Take care of each other!

Love,
Hermana Sleight