June 19, 2017

Pila Llena...No bautismo

Dear Friends and Family,

Thanks for all of your support. I really needed it this week.

I am learning not to be so controlling. I am very nervous about this goal. In fact, I have nothing to say about it.

On Wednesday, we saw Jessica watching a bird die in a tree. We couldn't reach it or help it, and she loves birds. We were sad, but we had a dinner to get to. 
If only I had known that that would be the last time I'd see her until she was scheduled to be baptized.
She doesn't have a cell phone so we couldn't text her. She does have facebook and messaged a member that something was wrong, but we didn't know what it was. 
We went to her house. We went to her aunts house. We walked around and around that block!
Her mom said she works in a Pet Smart. We went to every PetSmart in the valley.
She wouldn't answer the phone.
Finally as Omar was headed to her baptism, he saw her walking, and he stopped to ask if she was coming to her own baptism. 
Nope.
Font full, no baptism.
We finally found her and talked to her. I wish we could have discerned her need sooner.
I'm so sad. I relate to all of the prophets in the Book of Mormon, who "sorrowed for the sins of their people". 

Still, next week can be better. We have a whole valley's worth of God's children to teach.

Thanks again, and read again next week! I promise it will not be so sad. If it's that bad of a week, I'll tell jokes:)