June 26, 2017

Bromas y Chistes

Dear Friends and Family,

What do the missionaries of the great California San Fernando mission do when it's 110 degrees on a Sunday afternoon and Knock Out is canceled?

Trick question:) We don't cancel knock out.

Anyway, thanks for all of your help and support. Thanks for all you do, really! I sure do love you. 

The Book of Mormon is true. 

Yesterday for personal study I tried to study the sacrament in Preach My Gospel. The only entry under sacrament in the index is Sabbath Day observance. For the first time yesterday, I realized that that's ridiculous. Lesson 3 is literally the gospel of Jesus Christ. The sacrament represents all 5 steps of the gospel of Jesus Christ for members of the church. I switch my focus to Repentance and Baptism, and I had a much more meaningful study on the sacrament. If you're ever looking for a good study, no matter how many times you've done it before, focus it on Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and/or Enduring to the End. 

We had a great week and an investigator came to church because we got him out of bed. That's what it takes sometimes. He loved it. I love being a missionary!

We picked up an awesome investigators named Mayra who has met with missionaries before because her member friend referred us to her. Refer the missionaries to your friends! This might be their time!

Okay, I love you, and I hope you all have an awesome week!

Love,
Hermana Sleight




Note from Mom: I think she writes down funny moments on post its and puts them on her wall for memories. I though this one was hilarious!