April 17, 2017

La Familia: Una Proclamacion al Mundo

Dear Friends and Family,

I love you so much! Thanks for all of your support! Happy Easter! I have so enjoyed celebrating the Resurrection of the Savior. I hope you have as well.

I learn so much from the Holy Ghost and the scriptures every week, and as I've been reading the Book of Mormon from Joseph Smith's perspective, I've noticed how much the voyage of Nephi's family is like the experience of the pioneers. So many of the verses seem perfectly written to prepare Joseph Smith to lead the saints as far as he did. It must be the same for us. The Book of Mormon is perfectly written to prepare each one of us for the rest of our lives.

We went to the temple with the Vasquez family, and it was so perfect for helping them with their current needs. The sisters gave Lorenzo and Corina each a copy of "The Family: A Proclamation to the World", and when we visited them last night, one was framed on their wall, and the other was the only thing on their fridge. This family is serious about living according to God's plan for them. I love being a missionary!

Andrew woke up cranky and with a headache, but he didn't let that stop him from getting confirmed. I'm so proud of him. Then we made this Plan of Salvation on the sidewalk! 

Rosa noticed something interesting at Stake Conference. She noticed that we talk a lot about our personal spiritual experiences, and sometimes not so much about the life of Christ. At first I was bothered, like she was, but then I decided that we must share spiritual experiences because they are the record of the Living Christ. His miracles are still happening today, and we don't need to neglect to acknowledge them. I love celebrating His power!

I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!

Love, 
Hermana Sleight
Carmen with the Vasquez family at the visitor's center


Plan of Salvation in sidewalk chalk...that's just her style!