April 10, 2017

El Bautismo de Andrew

Dear friends and family,

I love you all so much! Thanks for all of your love and support! I really appreciate it.

This week I studied a talk called "The Wind Beneath Your Wings" by Pres. Uchtdorf back in the day to BYU. One thing that I really like about it was that he talked about our need to control ourselves. This stands out to me about virtue and self-control: as we put things out of our minds, we find it's easier not to do them. Don't want to eat desserts? Get them out of your sight! Don't want to think that bad thought? Replace it with something loud and gospel related (like imagine a huge group of children singing Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam really fast). 

Andrew got baptized on Saturday! Everything went well; all of his family came, the talk and musical number went well, and most importantly, what he said about his baptism and how he felt is that he felt complete darkness under the (very cold) water, but total brightness coming out of the water. He said he felt like a new person. How precious! 

Sorry I don't have any pictures. I heard one made it to facebook. Maybe my mom will be nice enough to post that one. I just don't have time, see. It's not that I didn't take any.... ;) 

I love you all and thank you for your support! Have a feliz Holy Week! Don't forget to share #PrinceofPeace with everyone you know and have them do the same! Some people won't know what Easter is about until you share it with them. Trust me. It's happened to me plenty.

Love,
Hermana Sleight