February 26, 2018

Free limones from Filimon

Dear Friends and Family,

Thanks for your help and support! You're all invited to my homecoming on the 18th of March

I have always wondered how to tell my investigators that their family member will have a chance to accept true baptism in the spirit world without having to teach 3 different missionary lessons on the first visit, but I have found the answer, and it's in the Book of Mormon, Mosiah 3:11-12 (ish, I wish I could find where I wrote down the reference). It is perfect for explaining that our deceased ancestors will get a chance because they didn't in this life, but that our time is now, and if we don't act, the consequences will be much greater!! I invite you to study it and ponder how to share that truth with a friend.

Stories!

We knocked a door with a lemon tree outside laden with fruit. We were just leaving when the man came outside through another door. We talked for a second about the tree, and he offered us some lemons! He brought us a bag and let us pick them, telling us over and over again that even if he's not home, we can always come and pick some lemons. Free limones!! Yay! Then we asked him is name, and it's Filimon! (remember everyone that in Spanish, the "i" is pronounced "ee") We've been laughing about that one for days! Now we refer to him as "Free-limon".

Hermana Williams is going to remember me as Hermana Sleight and her big ideas. After Laura's interview, we tried to talk with her about going to her house and seeing that she had a bed in a separate room from her ex-husband and she told us it needed to be a morning when no one was home. Welp, it was thursday morning, and we were all together, but Laura had to take the bus home and I knew from experience that if you leave an investigator that close to baptism alone for 10 seconds, they drop off the face of the earth, so I suggested that we all take the bus to her house :] That's how we left the church building locked up with lights on and our stuff inside including lunch and couldn't get back in till 3. I'm so embarrassed. 

Thanks for all your your help! I love you all!

Hermana Madsen is from New Mexico but her grandparents owned a craft store in IF called Madsen's. Carmen has not been her companion but has gone on lots of exchanges with her.

Hermana Williams is also from New Mexico and is going home soon! Carmen was put in a new area with a new comp for the last 3 weeks of her mission.