January 29, 2018

6 weeks

Dear Friends and Family,

Thanks for your love and support! I love you all!

I'm going to start with a story. I met this man in my area named Jose. He reminds me of my Uncle Evan AKA super cool. He joined the church 15 years ago with his family, but since then has had a lot of doubts form in his mind, and now he's quite far from being an active member of the church. When we stopped by to visit, he expressed a ton of doubts. I was able to remember about 7, and I deep studied them. The hardest one was, "Why do politics exist with some bishops?" That's my rough around the edges translation from Spanish to English. Basically, he didn't like that his former bishop would let him into the office to talk whenever he needed to, but his new bishop tried to teach him how to make an appointment with the executive secretary, and he felt less important. I couldn't find much on it in the scriptures, but the Spirit led me to President Eyring's talk from the priesthood session of the most recent general conference. This was special because I had never read or heard it before, but I felt the Spirit guiding me to it. It was perfect! It taught me as well. We shouldn't expect our leaders to be perfect because they're mortals, but we should trust that they have a right to revelation from God, and if they mess up, we don't need to spread that around. We can take it up with them and God. I recommend the talk. 

Stories!

We had some missionaries come to visit our area and knock doors for a couple of hours. We found 4 new investigators that day! One of them was a family. It was the very last door we knocked on. 

The day before, I lost the keys to our bikes. All 3 keys to all 3 locks. Nice one, Hermana Sleight! To keep it brief, we had to leave KO early to get our back up keys and get the bikes before the key thief came back in the cover of night to steal our bikes! The last door we knocked before we left had a super cool new investigator behind it! He's 1/2 Armenian, 1/2 Salvadoranean! And he's interested because he's seen a Mormon Youtuber! 

Mario is really cool. I sent a picture of him about 2 weeks ago. He doesn't want to be baptized, but he can see that we're helping his family follow Christ. He keeps all of his commitments except he misses church 2/3 of the time, but I'm really happy for him. 
What was something unexpected that happened with you? WE didn't expect to find anyone Spanish from the BOM experiment BUT THEN somebody had the bright idea to go to the soccer fields on a Saturday morning. #foundem


I love you so much! Have a great week everyone!