September 5, 2017

Purificados en el Horno de aflicción o sea 113 grados de gloria

Dear Friends and Family,

On what I hope was the hottest week of my mission, your love support and prayers were definitely appreciated.

Cool insight on forgiveness of sins: Often in the scriptures, our sins are compared to stains on a white robe. The blood that Christ shed for us is metaphorically the infinitely strong stain remover. What I learned as I read 3 Nephi 17:29 is that Christ has done His part by shedding his blood(providing the stain remover), but we are the ones who scrub at the stains (repent) and wash it clean (are cleansed from sin by living the gospel of Jesus Christ). I love that this biblical metaphor demonstrates so well the necessity of living the gospel of Jesus Christ beyond just faith.  

Stories! I have no time. I'm so sorry.

Angel went to ARP and we can't provide the kind of help he needs. So sad...

But we found a super awesome goldmine and he's an investigator now! For pictures, see last week's email.

Love,
Hermana Sleight