May 23, 2017

Nerviosa

Dear Friends and Family,

Thanks for all of your help! I love you so much! I really appreciate your prayers. This work is for everyone. 

This week I've realized a scripture that has always seemed pretty scatterbrained can summarize a few of the most important lessons of my mission. Alma 38:12 starts, "Use boldness, but not overbearance." Boldness means "holding up the Lord's standard clearly and without apology"(I stole that from Pres. Eyring). It doesn't mean that we're loud or harsh. On the contrary, the gospel is taught with love, often in a whisper. But we don't beat around the bush either. I promise that your missionary efforts will be more effective as you strive to speak the truth simply. We have nothing to hide. We have everything to offer. Be bold! 

Yesterday we knocked on our new investigator's door for our return appointment. He wasn't home, but his daughter was. Her name is Elizabeth. She had a towel in her hair, and she was plainly exhausted. I didn't think she was fit for a lesson, but then she invited us in just so we could write a note to her Dad. As Hna H was writing the note, I started talking to her about God. She's spiritual but not religious. As I listened to her doubts about the churches that are on the earth today, I was able to testify of the Living Christ as He truly is, and share with her the Book of Mormon. She loves to read! I love investigators like that! I am confident that she will feel of the truth of it as she follows Moroni's instructions to read and pray.

Our wonderful investigator, Luis, is on date for the 24th. He asked us this week if it's okay to change religions again. His wife won't even consider baptism because she's catholic and she's staying catholic. He's already switched to Evangelical Christian, and he's afraid that he's not committed, and that that's a problem. I am so excited! This is a huge sign that he has real intent! He came to church yesterday. I'm going to miss teaching him and Roberto. 

Please remember to pray with faith. Look for opportunities to serve. Follow the Spirit. I love you so! Have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Sleight

She gave me a lot of pics about her apt because she's being transferred but I thought this one showed their personality and hard work! 

Bowling on P-day