May 8, 2017

Juntos y consejos

Dear Friends and Family,

Thanks for all of your love and support! 

This week felt like a lot of meetings, which affects the work a lot. Wednesday we did almost no proselyting. It felt like a wasted day. 

This week I have been reflecting on goal-setting. As an STL, I set goals all the time. I work hard to achieve those goals, but some get set aside when I have to many. I try to always keep my focus on one goal. Last week it was inviting the Spirit more strongly to lessons. I ended up setting smaller goals to master certain sections of Preach My Gospel, and I feel that I've improved, but I'm not finished. Since I've become an STL, I've made leaps and bounds of improvement as a missionary. The same is true for all people. Elder Ballard has a quote in the goal setting section of preach my gospel that says something like, "We won't reach our full potential if we don't figure out how to set and work toward goals." Something to ponder. 

Roberto and Luis came to church again. My spanish is probably like 95% awesome, but I can't understand Luis very well. I sometimes think he has a strong testimony of the gospel and sometimes I think he is trying to tell us he's comfortable at his church and won't change. Nice one, Hermana Sleight!

Love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Carmen

Eating S'mores from Nana! Thank you! 

Something about this selfie reminds me of Dani!