March 20, 2017

Ensenar no es hablar

 Dear Friends and Family,

I love you so much! I am so thankful for the support that you provide! I look forward to your letters, and I appreciate all of your prayers.

This week at zone conference, a lot of wise things were said, but one thing that stuck out to me is this: "Teaching is not talking." What a true statement, and a difficult skill to master. Teaching without talking means listening with all your heart and living the principles you are trying to teach. This week most of my language goals have to do with listening. 

We had a funny miracle this week. It was time for knock out, and we needed to go to the bathroom. Hermana Hopkin talks with everyone though, so we weren't getting anywhere fast. We talked with Rosa and asked her for referrals as usual, and she said her whole apartment complex needed it and offered to let us in. Well, that's not the kind of thing you pass up! We went in. We knocked about 10 doors. Finally, Walter answered. We taught him how to pray.That would have been it, if it weren't for us needing to go to the bathroom so bad. As Hermana Hopkin was writing our phone number on the back of a pamphlet for him, I asked if there was a woman in the house. He said yes. 

Long story short his parents are now really solid new investigators. 

And also this really nice woman who speaks quite a bit of English considering she actually speaks Farsi asked us to come in, fed us cake, and talked to us about her family and the temple. It was awesome!

I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week!\

Love,

Hermana Sleight