February 13, 2017

Confie el Senor

Dear Friend and Family, 

Thanks for all you do to love and support me! I really appreciate all of the prayers and letters. 

I've been studying honesty because Helaman 2:6-9 really intrigued me. Why was it good for the servant to be deceitful? I still don't have an answer. The best I can come up with is strict counsel not to deceive in any way in modern revelation. Still, I've made a list of righteous men who deceived for good reasons in the scriptures, and if any of you have any insights, they'd be welcome. 
1. Servant of Helaman, Hel. 2:6-9
2. Laman, Alma 55:4-14
3. Nephi, 1 Nephi 4:19-27 notice I have no interest in why it was okay to kill Laban.
4. Abinadi, Mosiah 12:1
5. Gideon, Judges 7:16-21

This week has been full of miracles! 

Last Sunday, I gave a card to a woman and pretty much immediately asked if she'd be interested in us coming to share the restored gospel. To my great surprise, she said yes. To my greater surprise, she kept the appointment and her 2 high school daughters came as well. This is a rare and special treat, and I look forward to seeing them progress.

At knock out, we were about to climb some stairs when I said, "Hey, want to go talk to smoking guy?" So we went to talk to the man who was smoking across the street. That's how we found David, who read everything we left him and has been praying every night. We haven't been able to meet again yet, but he's so sincere we can hardly believe it. 

We have been looking for a 13 year old who got baptized last October since last October. We finally FINALLY found her, and you won't believe how. She walked into Panda Express while we were eating dinner that a member had bought for us. We got her address, and we can finally help her through all of the new member lessons. 

Pedro, who many of you will remember from my earlier emails, has been rather tough to find at home, but yesterday his wife told us that she's been reading bits and pieces of the pamphlets(HUGE progress all on her own), and she accepted a return appointment for Wednesday!

Also, last night we gave our potential elder friend every opportunity to turn us away, and instead he said he should come back to church and committed to go! That's the Holy Ghost at work!

Love you all! Have a good week!