November 14, 2016

Una Semana Llena Milagros (week 9)

Hi friends and family!

I love you all so much! I'm so thankful for your love and support during my mission! It's been an amazing week, as you can see from the heading, so buckle up!

This week I figured out why missionaries are constantly counting their baptisms. It's not a measure of success, we know that. Each baptism a missionary gets to be a part of is a sacred privilege, and it's not taken lightly. It's the pinnacle of joy. I haven't gotten to experience a baptism of someone I've taught yet, but it's coming, and that already fills me with joy. 

We took Pedro to the temple visitor's center this week! It was so good! Hermano Skyles and Sister Putnam came with us, and we had a glorious experience, as usual. Pedro said his favorite part was learning about the Celestial Room. I have so say, that's my favorite part of the temple too. In the celestial room, I have no doubt about my infinite worth and potential.

I think as a lifelong member, it's been difficult for me to realize how nervous people feel about coming to church. The whole idea of showing up is scary to someone who's never done it before. That's why church activities are such important opportunities to invite people to come and see without the pressure of worship. We had a church tour with my friend Maria this week. We were already to lesson 3 without a baptismal date or church attendance, but she studies the Book of Mormon like a champ. At the end of the tour, I played some baptism songs in the chapel and she meditated on what she'd seen and learned. She committed to baptism and church, and she came to church yesterday! I love Maria! She's going to be a Book of Mormon scholar!

We also met Patricia this week. She's also Chilean, like Beverly, and it's been really cool to see what things about Beverly are also about Patricia. She's committed to reading the Book of Mormon, even though we were super late to her lesson, and she texts such sweet things to us. Still, I miss Beverly(she moved out of my area, but she's still investigating the gospel. If you're as attached as I am, don't loose hope!) 

Thanks again to all of you! I'm so happy to be here! Love you!

Photos: The temple outside, Pedro with Hermana W and Carm (eyes closed, classic! so my kid)