September 5, 2016

Tengo Gozo en mi Alma Hoy (week 2)

Hi friends and family!

I have loved this week at the MTC! This first story is going to (hopefully) really reach the hearts of my family. 

One afternoon, Hermana Hernandez asked if we could sing, and we were all in agreeance, so we sang out of our Spanish himnos for a half hour. Elder Martinez loves Tengo Gozo en mi Alma Hoy(There is Sunshine in my Soul Today), so he asked to sing it and we did. 20 minutes later, we declare that we've sung the last hymn, and he refuses. He and Elder Black just broke into the chorus. We couldn't help it. We all joined in. But what made us laugh was when they wouldn't listen, and started into the second verse. Then the third. Then the fourth! We were laughing so hard we couldn't stand it! We decided to pray to invite the spirit, but when Hermana Lopez said, "Gracias porque podemos tener mucho .. fun... lo siento." We all started laughing silently to ourselves. Even her. We tried for probably 45 seconds to keep it together, but we were all laughing so hard that when we finally gave up,  there were tears in the eyes, and we were rolling on the floor with laughter. 

Ernesto and Marcela have been a challenge, but I actually got stood up by an investigator at the MTC, and that was tougher. The hardest was when I finally put into words how hard it is for me to ask inspired questions in Spanish. I cried in front of my whole district, which just goes to show how much I trust them, because I don't cry. 

Sorry it's so short. I love you all bunches! 

What she didn't say was that she leaves the MTC in 8 days! That's a bump up in schedule. :)