January 8, 2018

Triste, y Emocionante!

Dear Friends and Family,

Thanks for your love and support! It is very encouraging to know there are people who remember me while I'm a missionary.

I was very sad to hear about the passing away of President Monson. I hope to keep his example of selfless service in my mind forever. What a great life he has led! 

I reviewed a talk that kicks all missionaries' behinds called "A Consecrated Missionary" by Tad R. Callister. Then I read the talk by Elder Holland on becoming Perfect  - Eventually from last conference. It was a very complimentary way to decide to rededicate to the work, but not beat myself up about my mistakes. I've definitely made mistakes, but that's not out of the ordinary for anyone.


Stories!!

I usually don't write about the hard drops, but they happen. This week we had a lesson with Mario where he tried to tell us that he feels that all religions lead to God and that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are like Jumanji - AKA the Book of Mormon is like the Bible. It's been really hard to see him slip away after so many strong spiritual experiences, but this isn't what he wants anymore, and we've had to say goodbye. 

Last Tuesday, we received a referral for Gabriela from Mayra Hernandez Sanchez, a missionary in Riverside. I was surprised when it finally clicked in my head. Hermana Hernandez was my MTC companion! What a wild ride this has been. We taught Gabriela for the first time on Thursday, and she liked it so much that she called Hermana Hernandez's mom and asked for us to come and teach her husband! Well, we'll be doing just that:) It's time for this family to become eternal. 

I love being a missionary!

 Socks and a new outfit for Christmas!

And a sweater from Nana that matches the new outfit!