December 4, 2017

#IlluminaElMundo

Dear Friends and Family,

Thanks for your support! How has #LightTheWorld gone for you?? It's working miracles here in NoHo!

So the last section of Chapter 10 of Preach My Gospel has a list of converting experiences and I have always thought that it was the secret to success. You'd think I'd have studied it more closely by now. But just this week, I highlighted everything in the section that the investigator needs to do and the missionary needs to do, and (to my shock and surprise) the investigator needs to attend Church, Pray, and Read the scriptures (CPR) and thus gain a spiritual conviciton of the gospel. Nice one, Hermana Sleight.

Story time quick!

Mario the YSA who wants to be in the family ward asked us if 15 minutes a day is sufficient to read the Book of Mormon. He's so cool!!!

Mario Martinez's eyes lit up when I told him that in order to be baptized, he just needed to promise to always remember Him, keep His commandments, and represent Jesus Christ to the rest of the world. He started to say how he does that!

I love being a missionary! Martin is okay. 

Love,
Carmen

 Happy Hermanas! (Hma. Maw, current companion)
An opportunity to give service! 
Nana sent a gingerbread man kit which they made and hung on the fridge. When he fell down, Hma. Maw turned his smile upside down and left him on the floor. Carmen got a kick out of that.