December 18, 2017

Feliz Navidad!

Dear friends and family,

Merry Christmas! Thanks for the love and support and prayers this Christmas season.

Things have been all over the place but I want to share my testimony with you of the temple. A key reason that I know that the priesthood power of God is restored to the Earth is that the temple is the happiest place on earth. We all feel closer to God as we go to the grounds, but our vision should be set on an eternal family, which requires our worthiness to enter. I am so thankful that I got to visit this week. I hope you get to see the photos!

Mario hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon and he doesn't want to quit smoking, so his baptism date dropped. We were feeling kind of crummy about it, but then he came to a baptism and felt the Spirit. He finally asked us for a Book of Mormon in English. He came to the visitor's center and felt the Spirit again. He's committed now to a new baptismal date, and I'm very sure that he'll make it. 

We found a family and they seem really cool! I'll tell you more next week because our first real lesson is tonight. If you are willing to pray for them, they are familia Marquez.

I've been having a lot of fun with #LightTheWorld! We used coupons and a left over gift card from a member to buy dinner for the homeless people that are always on this one street in our area. THen we went and there was no one, so we just left it on top of their stuff. Hope they got it :]

Love you! Have a great week and a Merry Christmas! Talk to you on New Years probably!


Hermana Maw and Carmen

Outside Universal Studios with Sister Parker and Sister Pearse (and Maw)! Carmen says these guys are BFFs!

Temple Trip :)